Gay & Lesbian same-sex gifts, accessories and cards
At Pink and Turquoise we understand that privacy and security is a major concern and we're committed to safeguarding your personal data. You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
I have therefore set out below the guidelines we use for protecting when using your personal information inline with the new data protection laws, which came into effect on Friday 25th May 2018. .
Information I Collect – To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information when required for custom orders if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It – I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with Shopify’s policies and Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure – Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• I share information with Shopify as necessary to provide you my services and comply with my obligations under Shopify’s policy and Terms of Service.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU – I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
Your Rights – If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me – For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Emma Jones, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, my postal address is PO Box 1101, Ipswich IP1 9FH
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us then please contact us at email@example.com or change your account settings accordingly.
When a customer registers at Pink and Turquoise we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and contact details, and then we keep a record of this information. All this is necessary so we can recognise you as a registered customer, pass on the correct details with your order, and ensure that you are happy with the service you receive. We keep a record of any purchase you make from Pink and Turquoise. This means we can help to deal more quickly and efficiently with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant.